Ogbanje Series : Outcast (The process)




I decided to use Charcoal strictly on this piece. And it was a beautiful ride. I realized I'm faster when using the charcoal material. One of the advantages of charcoal is that it has great depth in drawings. I needed to very dark feel to portray the mood of the subject and charcoal did just that for me. Ngozi Chiadika who happened to be the muse for the art did justice to its portrayal. I can remember vividly that it was a day before the shot that I called Ngozi on phone to be the muse. She seamlessly obliged. She's one of those very loyal and understanding friends I have. She was the only person who came to mind when I was looking for someone to give a proper depiction of the art. It took me approximately 7 days to complete the piece. Every moment of the journey was fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phantom Series : One in all. All in one

Ogbanje: Paradox

Phantom Series : Broken Utopia